Vista instructions, assuming you want a sample rate of 48000...
1. Close all audio applications.
2. Install our Universal Driver (UD) - see above post.
3. Open UD and set MicPort's sample rate to 48000 Hz. Close.
4. Right-click the speaker icon in the Vista system tray (near the clock)
5. Select Recording Devices.
6. Highlight CEntrance USB Audio. Click the Properties button (or right click and select Properties).
7. Click Advanced tab.
8. Change Default Format to "1 channel, 16bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality)" OR "1 channel, 24bit, 48000 Hz (Studio Quality)". click Ok.
---See the difference here? 16bit vs. 24bit. It is up to you, depending on your work flow and end result (deliverable).
9. Click the Playback tab. Repeat steps 6-8. Vista's Recording and Playback format settings should be identical, especially sample rate (e.g., 48000 Hz).
10. Click Ok.
11. Open your favorite audio recording application, tell it you want the CEntrance ASIO driver, and set the sample rate to 48000 Hz.
Note the fundamental order:
A - set sample rate in UD
B - set Vista sample rate
C - set sample rate in audio recording application.
If you need to change sample rate, you need to go through A-C (steps 3-12 above). Steps 6-9 are a "feature" exclusive to Vista.